Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Hi sisters and cousins, it's fun to hear from you guys, so keep on blogging! : ) The diet is going pretty well. Not as rapid as I'd like, but it's something. I started last Wed. and have lost 3 lbs. I'm doing pretty well at eating around 1200 calories. Last night, when I got home from the gym (after already eating dinner), I was SO hungry. I grabbed a 100 calorie pack, then another one, then I was still hungry, but decided to be smart about the next thing going into my mouth and grabbed an apple.

My friend Angela just got certified in Zumba and wants to start a free class at the Church Cultural Hall a couple morning a week. She wants me to be her assistant. She has been coming over every morning for the past few days so we can work on routines. It is SO much harder than I thought it would be to come up with moves and memorize routines. It's a lot of work, but I'm sure it will be worth it. I've started spreading the word to a few of my friends and relatives about our upcoming class and there's a pretty good response so far.

I'm trying to slowly add better habits into my life (and my family's). I'm almost always remembering to take my multi-vitamin and I've been working out 5 days a week. This morning I made my first "green smoothie" but it wasn't green at all! I'm not sure why it was purple instead. It must have been the frozen berry mix. : ) Everyone drank it down except Paige.

Well, I'm totally exhausted and am going to take a short nap. It was a late night and an early morning and then working on Zumba Routines this morning. Please, everyone write about your progress, frustrations, etc. It helps keep me going. Best of luck to you all with your goals. Love you SO much and like Amy, I had a WONDERFUL time at the retreat! It makes me smile when I think about it.

No comments: